The UKBJJA is a non-profit organisation, any surplus funds are to be reserved for investment or development of the sport. The objectives of the UKBJJA are:
1) To preserve and protect the integrity of BJJ as a performance based martial art
2) To promote BJJ and encourage wider participation in all areas of the sport
3) To provide a framework for national recognition of the sport
4) To preserve the integrity of the ranking system
5) To provide a framework for competitions and individual schools to follow to ensure minimum standards of safety and good practice
6) To represent all clubs and members in a democratic and transparent manner
Focus on the ground Gold Team are proudly members of the UKBJJA.